Currently, we are looking for candidates for
Title: Lighting Controls Specialist / Applications Engineer
Exciting new opportunity for an experienced individual for our Lighting Controls Specialist position. The Specialist is responsible for working with our specifiers, electrical contractors, internal sales team and manufacturers to produce the required documentation for lighting control designs, controls quotations and equipment start-up for the construction industry.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Access FTP sites, obtain and interpret technical documents
- Travel to job-sites to gather information pre-bid, as well as equipment start up and commissioning post bid.
- Collaborate with engineers, architects, clients and contractors
- Provide takeoffs and quotations, with accurate bill of material, for lighting control systems.
- Create bills of material, one-line schematics, electrical drawings, etc. using software (AGI32, AutoCad, Blue Beam) in support of the lighting control design that will be reviewed by specifiers and provide direction for electrical contractors to be able to install systems correctly.
- Evaluate submittal review comments and modify shop drawings so that submittals are approved with the minimum amount of submissions.
- Develop and submit a sequence of operations for programming of lighting control systems.
- Have an understanding and be able to discuss lighting and lighting control code information.
- Develop and maintain an expert level of knowledge on manufacturers’ products and product application.
- Field troubleshooting inquiries and work with factory representatives to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Have 2+ years of experience as an Electrical Engineer or Designer is preferred. Those with other relevant backgrounds/skill-sets will be considered.
- Background with Lighting Control Systems/Products is encouraged.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical drawings and specifications is required.
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Blue Beam, MS Office and Internet research. Experience with Revit/BIM Modeling is a plus.
Bachelor’s degree preferred. Candidates must have strong organizational skills and knowledge with Microsoft Office, CAD and Blue Beam. Individual must be able to multi task and be team oriented. Applicants must have excellent written and verbal skills.
He / She must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
Sense of humor is a plus!
Person must be able to communicate professionally and effectively on behalf of Omnilite.
Required experience: CAD Software: 2 years (Required)
Required education: Bachelor’s
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org